I started off 2012 with so much optimism that it would be legen – wait for it – dary, but unfortunately, it did not measure up to my expectations at all and was, in fact, a downright dud. It wasn’t too terrible, definitely nothing that would compare to my 2009, thank God, but it was just… very ordinary, I suppose. Nothing stands out about it, and if my life would be turned into a book or a movie, it would probably be skipped. So let’s see, let me do a recap of the year.
– I did not set foot on Philippine soil for the entire year, the first time in my entire life that ever happened. And yes, it was done on purpose. I just wanted to do something different on my 30th year of existence, which seems lame, I know, but I just had to do something.
– Speaking of, I turned 30. I felt really depressed about that for a while but now I’m kinda okay with it.
– I got my first designer bag (a Louis Vuitton speedy 30), as a birthday gift from a dear friend who wants to remain anonymous.
– Out of town trips: Phuket and Taiwan. These two places were great, actually, and in both instances I went with very dear friends, so these were the highlights of my year.
– Within Singapore I did new stuff – stay in Marina Bay Sands, take one time makeup, barista, cupcake baking and archery classes. Separately, of course.
– It was an extremely lazy year for me in terms of blogging. I did take lots of pictures using Instagram and linked it to my other blog though. Check out Deecoded.tumblr.com.
– I didn’t watch my weight. I am now at the heaviest I have ever been in my life. Well now, that’s also something, isn’t it? I need to remedy that in 2013 though.
– I discovered the awesome TV shows Sherlock and Suits and fell in love with Sherlock and Harvey, making me realize that for some reason, I get drawn to cocky men.
– I apparently showed up on Singapore TV. One of our VPs actually dropped by my cubicle to tell me that he saw me on a show called Marina Bay Sands 24/7. He said I was sipping champagne during a fashion show and it took me some time to figure out which event he was talking about.
– I tried to switch careers by applying for an internal position of training specialist, but I lost the job to another colleague. Later on, though, the HR manager offered me the same position but in the Philippines, so I had to turn it down. At that time, it hurt when I didn’t get the position but now I’m actually glad for it. And it strengthened my belief in the saying: “Everything happens for a reason.”
Like I said, meh.
And that is why I am not really having such high hopes for 2013. I am afraid to be disappointed again Boy, what a Betty Downer, huh? LOL.
But that’s just for me. I still wish YOU a fantastic new year! 😀