I have a new obsession this year – prettifying my bedroom. Here’s a list of some of my favourite things to in my room:
(1) Painting on the wall. If you can’t find one, find a picture of one and have it printed on canvas, like I did.
(2) Fresh flowers. Nothing brightens up a room more than a vase of colorful blooms. Roses are pricey, but these ones look just like roses and cost only $5 for the whole bunch.
(3) Scented candles. I only discovered the wonder that is Yankee or Bath and Body Works candles this year, because I was too scared I would accidentally set the house on fire before. I really love Bath and Body Work’s three-wick candle in fresh cut lilacs. As for Yankee Candle, I discovered their wonderful melty pans which are not fire hazards.
(4) Sheepskin rug. This Ikea Tejn faux sheepskin rug is only $20 but it looks so fab!
(5) Organized vanity table. If you love your makeup and accessories, it’s nice to be able to see them all laid out so that if you need to use anything, you know exactly where to find them.
(6) Good quality bedsheets. I’ve discovered the kind of cloth that I like the most! It’s not faux silk or satin, which look fancy but are incredibly slippery, not cotton which is too warm for humid Singapore, but something called modal, which is soft and cooling.
(7) Fairy lights. One fine day, my friends Arlyn, Armar, and I found fairy lights at a shop called Naiise in Suntec. We tried to resist buying them that day but we eventually all ended up buying one for each of our bedrooms eventually. They look so pretty whichever way you style them!
After a few trial and errors, I finally decided that I wanted to be able to look up at my ceiling and see a sky full of stars. Sort of.
Now if you’ll excuse me, it’s time for me to enjoy the best thing about having a bedroom!