Things that made me happy recently:
(1) Finding the perfect gifts for my boss and my parents. For my boss, I bought Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson. When I gave it to him he said he had actually been thinking of buying the book, and it landed in his hands thanks to me.
As for my parents, instead of figuring out what they could possibly need, I flat out asked what they wanted and was so happy when I managed to find the perfect wallet and necktie and sandals and bag that fit their descriptions.
(2) Finally booking my plane tickets for our Europe trip. This will be my first ever flight outside of Asia!
(3) Getting an email from the publisher of one of my favourite books, saying that they would like to send me a free advance copy of the same author’s second book for me to review. Waaahhh.
(4) Meeting up with my friends Nantoy & Monica for our last dinner with Merci in Singapore, and coming up with a mysterious blogging scheme which I am so excited to get started on!
(5) The birth of Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana! Woohoo! Congrats, Prince William and Kate!(6) Managing to pull off a surprise bridal shower for Gay, which we called Fifty Shades of Gay. 😛 Detailed blog post to follow!
(7) Watching the last 3 episodes of Suits as suggested by Nantoy & Monica. I love the Donna-centric revelations!
The opposite of this was watching the Grey’s Anatomy episode where McDreamy died. I haven’t watched Grey’s since season 3, but did so now out of curiosity, and the episode broke me. Now I understand why everyone was in an uproar about it.
(8) Our regional big boss was in Singapore, and he decided to take my team and our other foreign guests out to dinner at an Italian restaurant. I had some beef ravioli in alla pastora sauce, some side dishes, and a lot of red wine.
While we were talking about Filipinos and how we love to participate in programs, my own boss announced that I was a good singer. I am not, really, by Philippine standards I am just average. Yeesh. But when the regional boss heard this, he asked me to join him in a duet of Journey’s Don’t Stop Believing.
We were in a typical Italian restaurant which did not have a band or a karaoke or anything, so my initial reaction was: What? No way! But everyone was insisting on it. I blame the wine.
Then the boss started to sing, so I couldn’t very well turn him down, so I googled the lyrics (I did not have it memorized) and sang along with him, much to everyone’s amusement.
After the chorus, they all broke into applause. LOL. This is definitely something I have ever done before!
(9) I got a package from my friend Tyne, all the way from Canada! Love it! Can’t wait to read it! No-occasion-surprises are the best!
(10) Watching the trailer of the remake of one of the most popular Philippine soap operas ever, Pangako Sayo. This series did so well that it even got shown in Malaysia, Cambodia, etc and had lots of fans there too. I went gaga over this series back in college, and seeing the trailer unleashed so many memories and emotions. Jericho and Kristine had such insane chemistry. I miss watching shows that make me feel so twiterpated and headily in love!
But enough about what made me happy. Here’s something that might make YOU happy – a chance at winning $250 CASH! Enter below.