I can’t believe it’s the last day of 2013! Someone recently asked me what was something that I did for the first time this year and I drew a blank. Must be signs of aging because when I looked back on my blog, I realized that I did a lot of stuff, actually! Thank goodness for blogs, huh?
Here are the highlights of my year:
- I visit some of the newest tourist spots in Singapore: Gardens by the Bay Flower Dome & Cloud Forest, S.E.A. Aquarium, and River Safari. They are all worth a visit!
- It was the year of the blog! I joined my first ever blog hop, the A-Z Challenge, which was the first step in me growing my blog.
- I discovered the hand-held monopod which is the best camera gadget EVER. Also, my brother gave me an ipad mini as a birthday gift.
- We finally met the mother on How I Met Your Mother (What? This is important, right?)
- My favorite movies these year: The Great Gatsby, Star Trek Into Darkness, Iron Man 3, About Time, Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and Frozen. Speaking of movies, I decided to try watching a movie by myself in a luxury cinema and it was the best cinema experience EVER.
- My family went on our first ever out of country vacation together, in Hong Kong (we went to Ocean Park and Disneyland). This is a big deal because the last time we went on a family vacation was two decades ago.
- I had a bunch of reunions with friends and relatives in the Philippines and went through all the big islands – Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. During this time I went on 10 plane rides within the span of 2 weeks.
- I watched my favorite musical, The Phantom of the Opera, live in Singapore, and had pictures with the main stars.
- I joined the Color Run, the happiest 5k on the planet, which involves getting doused in color while you run.
- A war broke out in my hometown. Worst three weeks of the year spent crying and going insane as I worried about my mom back home.
- I moved out of the flat where I’ve lived for three years and moved back to Pasir Ris, where I lived when I first arrived in Singapore.
- I attended a masquerade ball! One thing off my bucket list! I also attended a Great Gatsby and fascinator themed Christmas dinners.
And also, here are some of my most popular blog posts:
- Love Letter for Lok-Lok
- On Turning Thirty
- Why I’m Still Single
- I Saw the Sign
- 7 Reasons for Blogging
- A Boy in a Bar
- What I’m “grapeful” for
- What NOT to name your baby
- An Elopement in Paris
- Lost in translation
- Nokia stories
- 7 Reasons Why it Sucks to be Single
But what about you, what was the highlight of your 2013?