I had such a wonderful time hanging out with you again! Thank you for stopping by Singapore so we can eat (Poulet and Llao Llao and Sushi – OMG so many!) and shop and catch up. I will note all the lessons I learned from you about marriage and will steer clear of Myanmar forever. Thanks for introducing me to Shu Uemura matte lipstick as well, I really do like it!
Dear Lee Kuan Yew,
I am sad to hear that you have passed away without witnessing Singapore’s 50th year anniversary. I am very grateful to you for giving me the opportunity to be a “foreign talent” in this wonderful country. You led a full life and left an amazing legacy. I don’t think I know anyone else whom the people would willingly queue 8 hours for just to pay their tribute. You were admired, you were loved. May you rest in peace.
Dear Andreas Lubitz,
I can’t comprehend what must have been going on in your mind when you deliberately crashed that plane and killed not just yourself, but all the 149 other people on it. What dark, twisted thoughts would a drive a man to do that? I feel sorry for you, but sorrier for those people and their loved ones who suffered because of your selfishness brought about by your sickness.
When you announced that you were leaving our team to move back to Ops, I felt my heart break and I had to hide in a cubicle to wipe away a few tears afterwards (it was the hormones). I meant what I said about you being the best boss I have ever had the pleasure of being under in my more than 10 years in the working world. You are the closest thing to Steve Jobs that I’ll ever have. I will definitely miss having your enthusiastic presence in our team, but I’m glad that I’ll still get to see you in the office.
Congrats again on getting engaged!!! I am so happy that I had a chance to see your ring in person so soon, and generally just so happy for your happiness (this sounds a bit weird but I do hope you get me)! I do hope your plan A wedding pushes through but if not, plan B is good, too! P.S. I hope Chi finally got her air fryer. LOL.
Happy birthday, movie and travel buddy!!!
Here are some of the share-worthy links worth checking out. Just keep clicking! Enjoy!
- 8 things I will never do before I die
- Marriage advice from everyone I know
- How to be the main character of your life
- 40 must see travel tips that will change your life forever
- See ‘Father of Singapore’ Lee Kuan Yew’s life in pictures
- How to increase traffic with these SEO tips
- LucaLogos on Etsy – very cheap yet pretty WordPress pre-made themes, where I got mine for only $20! A personalized theme can easily cost you 10x more!
- How to legally use images in your blog posts
- 5 easy ways to make your photos look professional
- 15 blog post ideas for travel bloggers
- My blog had its 10th birthday (join my giveaway!)
- Arlyn & I danced salsa (or tried to) at the Latino Festival under the stars
- Dred & I went to Tanjong Beach to lie on the sand and read books (or tried to)
- My movie reviews of Kingsman, Chappie, Cinderella, and Insurgent
- My friends and I had brunch at the Science-themed Fresh Fruits Lab cafe